JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Within water/wastewater, we are one of the leading companies where we deliver end - to - end services from strategic consultancy to construction and maintenance for our core clients. Due to our recent wins across a number of key Water Utility clients to provide engineering services in AMP6, we have fantastic opportunities for more ambitious people to join our team and make a real difference.
As a Wastewater Modeller you will be working on wastewater network projects as part of Jacobs Utilities business unit. Responsibilities to include:
- Driving health and safety through everything we do. Carrying out modelling functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality
- Wastewater network modeller for Jacobs wastewater network & integrated catchment modelling programme
- Assisting project teams with modelling and survey supervision work
- Working within the modelling team to complete scopes of work to quality standards within agreed budget and time frames
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external staff
- Helping to mentor graduates and junior technicians in the modelling team
- Minimum of a Degree or Honours Degree in an engineering or geography related discipline
- Chartered engineer or approaching chartership (ideally ICE/CIWEM)
- A keen interest in wastewater network modelling, surface water management and wastewater network design projects, looking to progress their career in this field
- Demonstrable experience in modelling in InfoWorks CS including verification, survey supervision and optioneering/design of solutions projects (e.g. DG5 solutions)
- Experience of UID/Water Quality modelling techniques
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with the client, survey contractors and other project team members
- Experience of leading (or be able to demonstrate potential to do so) a successful team of modellers including technicians and graduate modellers and will be familiar with current industry best practice
Other Essential Functions:
Flexibility in terms of travel (UK and international).
Site visits and meetings as required.
There may also be opportunities to be based out of our Leeds, Warrington offices.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety