The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Houston team is experiencing exciting growth within our established buildings design practice and we have a need for a strong MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing) Project Management professional.
- Responsible for the quality of MEP engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, office reputation, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for buildings engineering projects.
- Sells the services of Jacobs as a Project Manager.
- Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Performs work with the preparation of building design using appropriate federal, state, local or industry standards at both conceptual and final design levels.
- Typical duties are likely to include the following: Coordination with all complimentary disciplines (architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing), technical preparation and supervision of building design tasks, perform plan quality reviews, participate in value engineering studies.
- Full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project; scope, schedule, design, quality, staff, etc.
- Initiates and reviews proposals and sales activities as well as leads and participates in interviews and presentations.
- Maintains positive relationships with current and potential clients.
- Represents Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and project interviews.
- Reviews plans, prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and fee estimates.
- Assures that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
- Develops and mentors project team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required
- At least 10 years of progressive building consultant
- At least 4 years of Project Management experience is required.
- Experience working in and leading multi-disciplinary teams required
- Candidate with established local client relationships preferred
- Technical experience preparing feasibility studies, proposals (Project Approach) and reports is preferred
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.