The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Discipline Director, Senior Project Architect, or Discipline Specialist, this role researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
- Developing and maintaining internal and external client networks
- Representing the Company in a positive manner at meetings, presentations and in public
- Reviewing proposals and participating in interviews in response to RFPs and RFQs
- Developing and delivering presentations to perspective and established clients
- Identifying, implementing, complying with and maintaining applicable Company safety, environmental and quality standards, procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- Assisting in the development and application of a consistent standardized approach to defining and solving healthcare planning issues
- Leading healthcare facility administration meetings concerning functional planning, development of healthcare master plans and functional space plans for major healthcare projects
- Serving as the primary contributor/leader during stakeholder meetings and presentations to define functional planning criteria and record room-specific data
- Preparing conceptual master planning budgets and phasing schemes that follow a logical market driven analysis
- Assisting Project Managers in the development of internal work plans, manpower budgets and project delivery schedules
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture from an accredited University required
- Registration as an Architect required
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in healthcare planning related projects with a minimum of 10 years involving direct client contact required
- Effective social, networking, organization, communication, people and presentation skills
- Proven leadership record in the industry with a thorough knowledge of Guidelines for the Design and Construction of Healthcare Facilities, NFPA requirements, CMS/JACHO accreditation guidelines as well as State Departments of Health regulations
- Demonstrable knowledge of the functional and spatial organization of various healthcare departments and services
- Demonstrable experience in the development of Facility Master Plans
- Demonstrable record a professional track record of establishing long lasting relationships with clients
- Forward thinking and ability to articulate clear vision and understanding of trends in healthcare design
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focused tempered with a team-centered approach.
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders
- Be experienced in the preparation of reports and information using software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming tools
- Possess an analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability
- Master's degree preferred
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and Revit; knowledge of other documentation and presentation software a plus
- LEED accreditation preferred; EDAC certification a plus
- NCARB certification preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.