JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Jacobs Transport Consultancy discipline has an enviable reputation in the UK as a result of our extensive portfolio of high profile projects. Our projects involve working with various major clients in the transport industry, including local authorities, private sector, and government, throughout the UK and Ireland.
We wish to recruit a Senior Transport Modeller with at least demonstrable experience to complement our current team in London, UK. You will become part of a respected and ambitious team, and the role will provide every opportunity for you to make your mark and influence the continuing sustainable growth of Jacobs in the UK.
As a Senior Transport Modeller you will be involved in delivering a wide range of transportation projects, for various high profile clients across the UK. In order for you to fulfil this role you must have knowledge and experience using industry standard modelling packages and recognised transport appraisal techniques.
The successful candidate will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Occasional travel within the UK and/or overseas may be required.
Knowledge / Experience / Competencies Required
- Significant experience in transport modelling
- Experience working with the strategic transport modelling software packages VISUM and EMME
- Numerate with excellent data analysis skills. Competency in data analysis packages, such as Excel/Access
- Knowledge and experience of GIS software e.g. MapInfo
- Good technical report writing skills
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of other (micro-simulation) modelling packages, e.g. VISSIM, AIMSUN
- Wider experience of transport planning/modelling internationally including on toll road projects
- Project management experience
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of computer programming (e.g. VBA, SQL, Python)
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to the safety and well-being of all.