With 2015 revenues of approximately $12.1 billion and net income of $302 million, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company has a market capitalization of $4.35 billion and over 63,000 employees worldwide.
The company's service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Jacobs is actively looking for a PC Technician to fill a position to assist our day to day customer support for all aspects of IT-related issues via telephone, email, and ticketing systems. This person must be self-motivated and can closely interact with people.
- Desktop hardware configuration, monitoring, software installations, hardware upgrades and Imaging, etc .
- Assessment of desktop upgrades requirements.
- Hardware/software ordering, processing of invoices
- Systems operation Windows Environment (AD account maintenance, security, printers, etc. )
- Resolution of Help Desk queries (diagnosis of hardware and software problems).
- Installation and configuration of a standard desktop package including email.
- Generation of monthly and ad-hoc reports for IT management etc.
- Support of other mobile computing devices such as tablets and smartphones.
- Responds to service calls placed to the Help Desk.
- Remote assistance to other offices.
- Resolves low-level server problems as necessary.
- Uses advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Escalate problems as appropriate following HD procedures.
- Collaborate with other local Support Specialist to resolve issues quickly.
- Provide input to weekly management reports.
- Imaging computers.
- 6+ years of technical support experience
- BS/MS in IS-related discipline or combination of technical training, certifications, and experience required
- Experience performing well in a high-stress Help Desk at a Tier 2/3 level required
- Solid writing ability and analytical and troubleshooting skills required
- Experience taking initiative and working independently to resolve problems and develop new approach or solution to resolving complex issues preferred
- Experience supporting Windows 7
- Need to have relevant experience within a desktop support environment with knowledge of hardware and software configuration and problem solving.
- An understanding of imaging processes on Hardware using Altiris and or Ghost packages.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing multiple priorities and multiple projects to completion required
- Experience working with multiple technical applications, technical principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs