Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Sustainability is not just about protecting the environment or complying with legislation, it also provides a valuable economic and social focus for managing reputational risk, improving business practices, developing relationships, enhancing services, improving efficiency and cutting costs. As the world's leading businesses and organisations demonstrate, it's the smart way to do business.
The Sustainable Solutions business offers our clients the range of skills, expertise and practical experience to tailor the right approach that delivers economic benefit, social value and reduces environmental impact.
We currently have opportunities for Principal and Senior Hydraulic Modellers (River and Urban Flooding) within our Water Environment team based in Salford, Manchester to work on projects involving river, coastal and surface water modelling for flood mapping studies, surface water management plans, flood strategies and other flood management projects. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
You will be working on projects for the Environment, Local Authorities and some private sector clients. Responsibilities include:
- Providing a Technical Lead role on projects involving modelling including flood mapping studies, surface water management plans, flood strategies and other flood management projects.
- Providing company-wide expertise in development of hydraulic model (1D, 2D and possibly 3D) for fluvial, coastal and urban applications.
- Supervising and assisting junior modellers within the Rivers team
- Writing and reviewing technical reports
- Project Managing modelling projects, assuming delivery on time and within budget
Extensive experience in implementing 1D and 2D modelling techniques for river, urban and coastal flooding applications
Excellent knowledge and practice of the following modelling software: ISIS, Tuflow and Infoworks ICM
Good supervising and leadership skills
Proficiency in using GIS software such as Mapinfo/ArcGIS
Good report writing and presentation skills
Experience of liaising with clients and managing projects
• Experience of flood risk management techniques and methods including option appraisals
Experience of hydraulic modelling for other applications such as water quality, wave overtopping, pollutant dispersion, 3D modelling
Experience of hydrological calculations
Experience of urban drainage
Gained CIWEM / ICE accreditation
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.