The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs has an opportunity for a Survey Technician located in the Denver Metro area.
Understand the project goal, scope of work and expectations of the client.
Assist the Project Surveyor with delivery of survey tasks including:
- Field crew setup
- Interpreting field notes and sketches
- GPS and conventional data processing
- Feature code editing and processing
- Generating and editing Digital Terrain Models (DTM)
- Public records research
- Title commitment and record document review
- COGO calculations
- Right of Way acquisition determination
- Writing property descriptions
- Perform work in a safe manner
- Follow department quality processes and project QC plans.
- Work as a team player and contribute to an exceptional culture.
Bachelor's or associate's degree in applicable field is preferred
- At least 3+ years of surveying experience is required.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Survey Technician is required
- Land Surveyor Intern (LSI) preferred.
- Proficiency with Trimble Business Center, InRoads and Civil 3D preferred.
- Experience with laser scanning, photogrammetry, remote sensing, LiDAR, CAD, GIS, subsurface utilities, or ROW acquisition preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.