Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world's largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes.
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer.
- Has comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application.
- Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering and design.
- Directly responsible to the Project Manager for coordinating and scheduling all phases of engineering, and for the technical specifications necessary to acquire equipment and materials, and the technical bid evaluations to procure equipment.
- Responsible for the coordination of various engineering, construction, purchasing and project controls disciplines.
- Interface with Client Technical Specialists to assess alternatives to technical specifications and scope requirements.
- This is the highest level Project Engineer and is applicable to major projects involving a staff of Project Engineers.
- This level may serve as lead and/or Project Manager on small projects
- 10+ years of project experience required.
- Experience on projects in the Petro-Chemical industry is required.
- EIT Certificate is required.
- BS in Engineering, Mechanical or Chemical preferred
- PE Certification preferred.
- 12+ years refinery experience required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.