Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and approximately 50,000 employees across the globe, we are continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally
We are wishing to recruit an experienced Principal Engineer to join our established highways team. You will become a member of our expanding design team, taking a leading role in delivering project management and design services throughout all stages of infrastructure project development and in all areas of highways design, working independently and supporting the Senior Project Managers across the business.
- Reporting to the Technical Director, you will lead a team of engineers and technicians working on a variety of projects.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports, scheme orders and detailed highway design for major and minor projects.
- You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across the project and for monitoring progress.
- You will also attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries.
- The role will also encompass resource, financial and commercial management as well as construction supervision
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering
- CEng and MICE status or equivalent.
- Proven ability to project manage most aspects of infrastructure schemes.
- Experience in the financial management and control of projects.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined projects being delivered by teams at various geographical locations both within the UK and overseas.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of DMRB standards.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Excellent IT skills.
- A thorough knowledge of the financial management and control of projects.
- Able to produce well-presented and accurate reports.
- MX/3D CAD proficient, and/or drainage design capabilities (WINDES or equivalent).
- Experience of design and build projects.
- Experience of construction supervision.
- Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.