Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company had $12.1 billion in 2015 Revenues and has over 60,000 employees worldwide in over 30 countries.
The company's service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Senior Accountant - General Ledger
Jacobs Engineering is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to assume a key role in the Company's Corporate Accounting Team.
- Prepare monthly closing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare, prepaid amortization schedules and monthly amortization journal entries
- Drive process improvement and identify opportunities for cost savings
- Create accounting schedules such as rent, depreciation/amortization, and department expenditures
- Prepares ad hoc reports and analyses, as requested
- All duties performed are in compliance with GAAP, Company policies and procedures, SEC reporting requirements, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements
- Responsible for reading, understanding, and following the applicable process narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Provide support as needed to external auditors
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Experience with a large ERP system required, Oracle preferred
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management required
- Ability to collaborate with others
- At least 8+ years of relevant experience in a commercial business environment required
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and external auditors
- Ability to work in a fast, dynamic environment, and prioritize competing priorities
- Technical knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and controls
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and process improvement skills
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.