JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Our Sustainable Solutions Business Unit provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise around 500 staff across the UK and Ireland, providing services over the spectrum of environmental specialisms.
We offer our staff opportunities to work on exciting projects across all the market sectors which JACOBS faces world-wide. Over 90% of our work is repeat business, which we achieve by ensuring that we provide a market-leading service to our clients.
To meet our growing UK and worldwide business needs and future development aspirations, JACOBS has a number of outstanding opportunities within Sustainable Solutions business.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
We are looking for Buildings Archaeologists to join our Heritage teams in Glasgow and Leeds. These roles would be suitable for those candidates who are at the early stages of their cultural heritage consultancy career, and who wish to develop their careers further in this exciting field.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Heritage Team on cultural heritage inputs to all stages of EIA.
- Working on the production of desk-based assessments and heritage statements.
- Assisting in the design of evaluation and mitigation and the procurement and management of contractors.
- A good degree qualification in archaeology or related discipline with a further qualification in buildings archaeology or related discipline.
- Experience in working on the delivery of desk-based assessments, desk-based surveys and heritage statements.
- Strong technical skills in built heritage, with excellent report writing skills.
- Fieldwork experience relevant to the position.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- A full, clean driving licence.
- Willing to work out of other JACOBS offices in the UK as required.
- Experience in the cultural heritage inputs into EIA.
- Experience in the design of mitigation and conservation strategies for historic buildings.
- Experience in the procurement and management of contractors.
- Experience of archaeological techniques in general.
- Experience of the conservation of historic buildings.
- GIS (ESRI/MapInfo) skills.
In return, we can offer involvement in a wide range of exciting and often high profile projects, with significant opportunities to develop technical and management skills.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.