IT Account Administrator - Permissions Network Operations Center (PNOC) Support Job Description:
The United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) requires comprehensive worldwide information technology (IT) support to operate and maintain the Special Operations Forces (SOF) Information Enterprise (SIE). The SIE provides support from the garrison level out to forward-deployed tactical operators and sensors worldwide. In pursuit of these requirements, USSOCOM, its Component Commands, TSOCs, and deployed forces are deploying the Special Operations Forces Network (SOFNET). The deployment of the SOFNET is instrumental to achieving the Commander's Vision of a Global SOF Network that provides strategic options for our national leaders and supported Global Combatant Commanders through a worldwide network that fully integrates our military, interagency and international partners with aligned structures, processes and authorities. The services provided by SITEC II will be a key enabler for over 69,700 users operating in approximately 75 countries.
Jacobs has a requirement for two System Administrators to support the US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) J63 Operations Branch.
The PNOC IT Account Administrators will assist J63 with the verification and processing of all elevated permission requests in accordance with the OPORD permissions annex. Specifically:
- The candidates will assist the J63 with reviewing and verifying all elevated permission requests ensuring that the individual(s) have the appropriate authority for the permissions being requested as well as the required certifications.
- The candidates will facilitate all permission requests coordinating with the requester as well as the appropriate office for establishing the elevated permissions. Candidates will ensure all requests are properly documented.
- The candidates will continually monitor the execution of the PNOC policies, processes and tools and provide / implement process improvements.
Contractor may be required to work nights, weekends or federal holidays throughout the year based on mission requirements.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements: Associate's Degree and four (4) years of systems administrator experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's Degree desired.
- Basic system administrator skills in a Microsoft environment including knowledge/understanding of: Active Directory; OU structures; security group structures and how they are used; how permissions are assigned
- Ability to analyze requirements from various customers around the globe and translate to actual requirements
- Ability to interpret policy, compare requirements to policy and determine what is required to solution requirements
- Strong analytically, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must be safety conscious
- Must possess DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification (i.e., CompTIA Network+, A+ or Security +)
- Remedy ticketing familiarization
- Knowledge of SharePoint capabilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications for reporting, briefing, and documenting efforts
Must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Work will be performed inside a large facility. Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position may require some night and weekend work. Some travel may be required based upon customer requirements.
Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday). This position may require night, weekend or holiday work depending on the needs of the customer.
Other Essential Functions
Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.