Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company had $12.1 billion in 2015 Revenues and has over 60,000 employees worldwide in over 30 countries.
The company's service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Jacobs Engineering is looking for an experienced Manger General Accounting to assume a key role in the Company's Corporate Accounting Team.
Lead a team of Corporate Accountants
• Full responsibility of the general ledger month-end close
• Responsible for reviewing monthly closing journal entries and complex account reconciliations
• Facilitates month end closing process and prepares internal financial reports
• Provide accounting information to management, other departments, and external auditors
• Drive process improvement and identify opportunities for cost savings
• All duties performed are in compliance with GAAP, Company policies and procedures, SEC reporting requirements, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements
• Responsible for reading, understanding, and following the applicable process narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements
• Develop and maintain an effective control environment over areas of responsibility
• Support the year-end audit of financial statements
• Provide support as needed to external auditors
• A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
• CPA required
• Strong technical acumen and well versed in U.S. GAAP required
• Well-rounded technical financial skills, balanced with sound business judgment
• Experience with Hyperion Financial Management required
• Exposure to consolidations, currency translation, and international accounting and reporting issues
• Ability to collaborate with others
• Experience working at a mid to large sized global organization required
• At least 8+ years of relevant experience in a commercial business environment required
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and external auditors
• Ability to work in a fast, dynamic environment, and prioritize competing priorities
• Technical knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and controls
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and process improvement skills
• Experience with a large ERP system required, Oracle preferred
- Ability to travel to Pasadena California for 2 - 3 months while training with weekend travel every other week
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.