The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced, client-focused Senior Wastewater Project Manager/Technical Lead to join our Buildings & Infrastructure group. In this position you will be responsible for delivering municipal wastewater treatment projects and assisting in the growth and development of the wastewater market sector in our Central Region.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining excellent client relations
• Serving as the Project Manager and/or process Technical Lead for wastewater treatment projects - planning, directing, and monitoring all aspects of wastewater treatment projects with high degrees of technical complexity from the concept stage through detailed design, construction services, and commissioning
• Leading a multidiscipline design team to complete tasks within established schedules and budgets
• Preparing technical documents, design drawings, and specification for wastewater treatment projects
• Developing scope, budget, and schedule for projects
• Mentoring and development of less experienced staff
• Keeping up to date on treatment technology developments
• Meeting quality and health and safety objectives
• Advancing our wastewater business development strategies
• Building and managing relationships with key municipal clients
• Taking a leadership role in selected key pursuits, including preparing proposals
• Being active in professional societies in which clients or potential clients are members
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering required
- MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering preferred
- Registration as a PE in Missouri or ability to obtain required
- At least 15 years of experience on w/ww projects is required
- Strong technical background in designing small/medium/large treatment system projects.
- Must have proven project leadership experience for complex, multidiscipline, municipal wastewater treatment design projects. Other qualifications include excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, strong business development abilities, and knowledge of the St. Louis area market is a must. Local candidates with a strong professional network are preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.