As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sectors and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED NI ALBANY, NY.
The candidate will work with a team of engineers developing plans and coordinate subsurface explorations, preparing perform engineering calculation's, develop design plans and specifications, and site inspections for a variety of civil engineering projects such as buildings site development, roadways, slope stabilization, landfills and dams. Assists with reviewing engineering reports, bid documents, specifications and estimates prepared by engineers. Manage scope, schedule, and costs to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of projects for client agencies. Advise clients and OGS staff on appropriate subsurface investigations during project design and construction. Reviews contractor shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFI's, and review contractor change proposals during construction. Temporary travel is required (10-20%).
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering is required. Masters of Science or Masters of Engineering in geotechnical engineering specialty is preferred.
• The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 1-3 years of related geotechnical engineering experience.
• The position requires educational background in soil mechanics, foundation engineering, seepage and drainage, earthwork, dam engineering, subsurface investigations, in place and laboratory soil testing principles and geosynthetics as well as sound problem solving, organization and communication skills.
• Relevant consulting and/or public sector experience and familiarity with civil engineering and modelling software are preferred. Successful completion of the fundamentals of Engineering examinations preferred.
• Valid Driver's license required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.