Our Nationwide Global Buildings Design team consists of 2500 professionals focused on leadership in technology, process innovation, and sustainability. Jacobs ranks #1 in the Engineering/Architecture, Construction Management, and BIM-Engineering categories; and is also leading Engineering Design firm in the Healthcare, Data Center, University, Government and Corporate Commercial sector. We provide award winning planning, architecture, interior design, engineering, construction management, program management, and design-build of new buildings; as well as expansion, renovation and refurbishment of existing facilities for public and private sector clients. Our collaborative approach allows us successfully deliver fully integrated professional services for a broad range of clients and project types worldwide.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ALBANY NY.
The candidate will work with a team of engineers and landscape architect's to develop plans and technical specifications for the layout, grading, drainage, utility, infrastructure etc. For civil/site projects. Plans and designs water, gas, and sewage systems, filtration, water treatment plants, grading and site layout for State buildings and institutions. Conducts site inspections for a variety of civil engineering projects such as buildings, site development, roadways, landfills, utilities, etc. Assists with reviewing civil or sanitary engineering reports, bid documents, specifications and estimates prepared by consulting engineers. Manages scope, schedule, and costs to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of projects for client agencies. Reviews contractor shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFI's, and review contractor change proposals during construction. Temporary travel is required (10-20%).
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering is required. Masters of science or Masters of Engineering in engineering is preferred.
• The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 1-3 years of related Civil or environmental engineering experience.
• The position requires working knowledge and educational background in land development, site design, storm water management, drainage, grading, and utility and infrastructure design as well as sound problem solving, organization and communication skills.
• Relevant consulting and/or public sector experience and familiarity with civil engineering and modelling software are preferred. Successful completion of the fundamentals of Engineering examinations preferred.
• Valid Driver's license required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.