As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sectors and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ARLINGTON VA
Estimates labor and material costs of production and engineering in response to Request for Proposal data submitted by prospective customers.
• Reports directly to the National PMCM Manager of Estimating.
• Manages and develops an estimating team.
• Develops man-hour/fee proposals for estimating tasks.
• Participates as part of a team in sales presentations.
• Provides quality reviews of all estimating deliverables developed by the assigned estimating team.
• Assists project team with reporting functions and assembly of project deliverables.
• Work independently, following established procedures.
• Prepares and maintains historical cost data and estimating metrics.
• Duties to include the ability to take the lead on estimating assignments, provide independent estimates, constructability reviews, value engineering, risk analysis, and review/negotiate contractor estimates and change orders.
• Familiar with techniques, procedures, methods and the nature of applicable construction systems across all disciplines.
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering discipline required.
• Minimum of 15 years' estimating experience within the Building Construction Industry required
• Ability to lead a team is required.
• Experience with Excel, Timberline Estimating Software, On-Screen Takeoff , Success and MII preferred
• Estimating certification from ASPE or AACE desirable
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.