The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Senior engineer position that independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline; located in Boston, MA. Develops designs that require innovation and ingenuity. Work is performed with minimal supervision and has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
• Carry out the responsibilities of a Lead Engineer on small to medium sized projects or Area Lead on large sized projects or provide technical support / leadership on a project.
• Perform studies and develop scope of work and execution of the engineering work
• Coordinate project electrical activities with a utility and other disciplines for their area of responsibility
• Develop and maintain electrical project schedule, progress reports and cost estimates. Execute change management process
• Supervise Juniors & Intermediate electrical engineers and designers. Interface with design group to monitor and control project schedule, electrical hours and electrical cost for their area of responsibility
• Ensure consistency and integrity of electrical design throughout project and review design for logic and functionality
• Perform Short Circuit Coordination Studies and Arc Flash Analysis.
• Develop detailed electrical specifications for the project.
• Perform / witness test at factory / site for all specified electrical equipment as required
• Perform pre-commissioning and start-up activities for electrical systems
• Field oversight of construction activities
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required
• Minimum of 10 years' experience with specifications, engineering, design, construction and start-up oversight for low and medium voltage systems is required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Eligibility for a Professional Engineering certification is required
• Aviation electrical design background preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.