The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is posting for an Archaeologist position. This position is classified as a full-time position. Work will be performed from Jacobs' downtown Phoenix office location. Duties include conducting site file checks at various archaeological repositories throughout Arizona and Nevada, preparation of various cultural resources reports (including Class I overviews, Class III survey reports, monitoring reports, and others as-needed), and conducting all levels of archaeological fieldwork (including archaeological survey, construction monitoring, testing, data recovery, and historic evaluations), as well as other tasks as assigned. This position requires preparation of detailed field notes and archaeological site records, research, and report writing.
Candidates must be able and willing to work outdoors in remote locations and for extended periods under all weather conditions, often traversing rugged terrain. Must demonstrate awareness for workplace safety; and be willing to work independently when conditions are appropriate or with limited supervision. Candidates should include selected publication references and/or writing sample along with the resume submitted for consideration.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
• B.A./B.S. Degree or higher in Anthropology with an emphasis in Archaeology
• Demonstrated experience in Southwestern archaeology
• At least 2 years of field experience including Class III survey, construction monitoring, and phased data recovery
• Knowledge of computers and GPS equipment
• Ability/willingness to travel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational and time management skills to effectively complete assigned workload within defined timelines and in accordance with established standards
• Experience with transportation projects
• Experience with GIS
• Experience drafting consultation letters
• Experience in Great Basin and California archaeology
• Experience in historic documentation, including historic building survey
• Additional experience in historical archaeology, lithic analysis, faunal analysis, GIS
• Previous experience as a crew chief or field director