Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors. With revenues over $12billion and over 50,000 employees across the globe we're continuing to grow our business every year.
Our Traffic Engineering team sits within Jacobs' Transport Consultancy Business and due to a growing workload, we are looking for a focussed, ambitious individual to join us. With an expanding capability in the UK and abroad, this is a great opportunity to join a leading team with wide-ranging opportunities - recent projects include the Mini Holland cycle proposals, Manchester Airport Expansion, Highways England major schemes, Crossrail station improvements and high profile gyratory removal schemes across London. We are also involved in a wide range of project work for a number of long term framework contracts with local authority clients across the UK.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Traffic Modeller to join our growing Traffic Engineering team in London Bridge. You will work with a respected and ambitious team, helping to deliver marquee projects both in London and across the UK.
As a Consultant Traffic Modeller, you will support the preparation, development and analysis of traffic models using VISSIM and other local traffic modelling packages and the production of appraisals and data reports for a range of projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of microsimulation modelling, including data collection, analysis, model calibration, validation and scheme testing
- Preparing technical reports and presenting traffic modelling results to clients in a clear way
- Assisting in the production of proposals for clients and promoting the team's capabilities internally and externally
- Continuing to learn new techniques and keep informed with the latest software and technological developments
- Supporting and mentoring junior team members
- Experience in working with VISSIM
- Experienced with LinSig, TRANSYT or other junction modelling packages
- Degree, preferably in a numerical subject
- Numerate with excellent data analysis skills
- Familiarity with MS Office software including Word and Excel.
- Robust written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to solve problems independently
- Knowledge and experience in using other microsimulation packages such as Paramics and AIMSUM
- Knowledge and experience in using other TfL modelling platforms, e.g. LTS, HAM models, ONE model
- Experience working for local authority clients, in particular for Transport for London (TfL)
- Knowledge in TfL's Modelling Guidelines and experience in developing models to TfL MAP standard
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunities Employer committed to the safety and wellbeing of all