Lead Civil/Structural Engineer for refinery and petrochemical projects or programs in the $1 billion to $10 billion total installed cost (TIC) range. Projects will be executed as lump sum.
- Successful candidate will manage twenty five (25) or more full time equivalent discipline team members in the creation of high quality engineering deliverables for structures, foundations, infrastructure and civil works commonly found in industrial process plants.
- Candidate will execute project as the overall responsible discipline lead from the lead office in a multi-office project execution environment and will coordinate with all associated office discipline teams.
- Candidate will prepare budgets, schedules, effort hour and staffing forecasts, material take-off estimates, key quantity trend reports, project status reports and perform other discipline project administration tasks such as progressing against discipline budget and schedule.
- Candidate will manage entire multi-office team to produce deliverables within established effort hour budgets and schedule constraints.
- Candidate will also be responsible for the creation and management of civil and structural material inquiries and requisitions as well as subcontract scope of work packages.
- Candidate will be responsible for the review, modification, and/or creation of discipline fabrication and construction specifications. Projects may start in detail design phase or progress through one or more front end phases.
- This position requires a minimum of twenty five (25) years of experience in the design and analysis of new and existing buildings, structures, foundations, infrastructure and civil works commonly found in industrial process facilities.
- This position also requires recent fifteen (15) years minimum as a successful Civil/Structural task force Lead Engineer responsible for at least two (2) verifiable projects or programs in the TIC range listed above in Primary Job Responsibilities section.
- Working knowledge of STAAD.pro analysis software required.
- Must have executed recent projects in Intergraph Smart Plant 3D modeling environment.
- Familiarity with laser scan software such as LFM viewer or Quantapoint, Tekla or SDS-2 detailing software, and CAD drafting software platforms recommended.
- Texas P.E. registration or other jurisdiction with ability to quickly obtain Texas P.E. registration by comity required.
- Extensive knowledge of PIP, IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, ACI, AWS D1.1 codes and specifications required.
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to lead team to complete tasks within established project schedule and budget constraints.
- Must be able to provide direction in the selection of acceptable technical solutions and demonstrate strong knowledge of civil and structural engineering principles.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills in both written and verbal forms.
- Requires interaction with own and other disciplines to complete design tasks.
- Requires interaction with Client or Client discipline specialists.
- Participate in technical and project procedure audits.
- Occasional travel to client sites for project walkdowns and information gathering required.
- Must have valid passport for international travel.
- Provide evaluation input on team members for annual performance assessments.
- Participate in site visits for walkdowns.
- Requires ladder and stair climbing in process structures.
- Must be able to respond to both audible and visible plant alarms.
- Must be able to tolerate seasonal extremes in temperature or humidity on site visits.
- May require occasional working near hazardous equipment and machinery and exposure to noise, dust, gas or fumes on site visits. PPE (except safety toe footwear) and safety training provided.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.