As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager, this position has Management level employees on the project as direct reports. This may include Design and Procurement, but would focus on the overview of the General Contractor and the immediate construction of the project, as well as Controls. This position is client facing within the LAUSD Program team. Assists the Facilities Asset Development Director in the development of project scope and
coordination of architectural planning, design, funding, and development of school facilities.
Plans and coordinates the execution of pre-construction activities associated with the preparation for the building of new schools and modernization projects.
Provides functional direction over pre-construction project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, and quality control.
Reviews pre-construction project status to monitor schedule and budget variances relative to submitted schedules.
Assists in coordinating the pre-construction program activities and related work products of those in other District branches and departments such as the Office of Environmental Health and Safety, Real Estate, Community Outreach, School Management Services/ MPD and Maintenance and Operations, Project Execution, Facilities Contracts, and Procurement.
Resolves pre-construction project issues by resolving differences of opinion, conflicts in schedules, and disagreements over the most efficient approach to the plan and design of new schools.
Reviews, recommends, and implements program and project level policy and procedural innovations.
Coordinates with representatives from various utility and government agencies to obtain timely action on successive phases of project completion.
Assesses bid specifications for District need and probability of completion within the specified timeline.
Makes presentations to Board Members, District administrators, and representatives of public agencies.
Reviews and verifies submitted applications for payment and performs overall fiscal management of multiple design and construction projects.
Performs other duties as assigned in relation to a Senior Design Manager.
- Fifteen (15) years of full time paid-professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities.
- Five years of experience with educational facilities design, planning and construction.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor's degree in any course AND a Master's degree in Business/Public Administration; AND (Minimum of 6 of the 15 years above) experience with the responsibility for preconstruction activities, architectural planning, design, construction or development of major facilities.
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI). The CCM credential may be temporarily waived by the District for a period of 6 months at which time the employee must have secured the credential.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.