Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world's largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
This is a senior level engineering position working under the direction of the Piping Engineering Lead and is in training for the duties of the Lead Piping Engineer at the project level. Supervisory and administrative responsibility over a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced concepts, techniques, and standards. Responsibilities include assuring effective utilization of engineering personnel, and technical quality.
- Check or supervise pipe stress engineering, design engineering and analysis for complex units such as compressor piping, fired heater piping, high and low temperature piping systems.
- Complete pipe stress analysis using Caesar II and pipe support design.
- Knowledge of specialty item design, piping line class specifications, procurement, technical evaluation of valves, piping and fittings, pipe supports and review piping line class specifications.
- Assist in the development and update of department standards and procedures.
- Develop and build Client relations.
- Provide guidance/supervision to other engineers and function as a mentor to less experienced engineers.
- Develop training material and conduct technical seminars.
- Act as liaison with the other departments; specifically Piping Design, Structural, Control Systems, Process Engineering and Construction
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of projects.
- Large Capital project experience is preferred ($1B and above)
- 25+ years of total experience required
- 15+ years of oil & gas and chemical industry experience required
- BS or MS in Engineering
- PE registration desired
- Proficient in using Caesar II
- Finite Element Analysis
- Pipe specification writing
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in engineering and/or construction work process
- Jobsite experience
- Experienced of being lead pipe stress engineer for large capital projects
- Must have practical knowledge of ASME B31.3 Process Piping Code, ASME Section VIII, Division 1 and 2, API design standards covering API 610, API 661, API 617, API 618, API 560, etc.
Other Essential Functions
- Strong safety awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Operates well in a multi-company Team environment
- Exhibits leadership traits and abilities
- Able to perform job walks wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in an operating facility
- May require travel to international offices and jobsites
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.