The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Electrical EITs provide a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. Our team designs power system planning, power distribution, lighting, fire and life safety systems, vertical transportation and construction coordination.
- Assist in design and perform calculations for lighting systems and associated controls
- Prepare load analysis for different stages of design
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed
- Prepare basis of design report for the project
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
- Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Bachelor Degree in Architectural Engineering (BSAE) required
- Experience working in a corporate engineering environment, Internship or CO-OP required
- Experience in Revit, 3D CADD required
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way, both in person and in writing required
- Attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork required
- EIT preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.