The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This position provides management for the delivery of multiple building design or renovation projects within budget and schedule, including leading multi-disciplined project delivery teams in the development of construction drawings and specifications in accordance with client requirements. Reporting directly to the Program Manager, this position also requires direct interface with Federal Government clients. Some projects may be classified.
- Responsible for delivering large and/or multiple projects, on time, within budget and to agreed specifications and providing effective, skilled project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects
- Leads team in the project execution to accomplish project commitments and timing
- Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria
- Functions as a team lead for projects including acting as the liaison to internal departments as needed, and as a single point of contact with clients
- Manages large and often multiple projects and participates in corporate initiatives to assist in meeting the company's goals
- Ensures that project deliverables satisfy project requirements
- Assesses project requirements, while developing and recommending a sound approach or application to meet the needs of the project and client.
- Facilitates the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders, and conducts status review meetings among project team members and clients
- Develops cost proposals to respond to client requests
- Manages and enhances project quality by providing ideas and suggestions to the team aimed at improving the effectiveness of their role, and of the project activities in general
- Determines, monitors and reviews costs, operational budgets, schedules and staffing requirements for project teams. Responsible for ongoing financial reporting throughout project execution.
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions
- Mentors and trains clients, vendors and team members in project management methods, procedures and activities
- Leads teams in site survey activities, sometimes at overseas locations. Travel is expected to be approximately 10-15% of total time, and of short-term (one week) duration per trip.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Architecture is required
- Professional Registration (PE or RA) is required
- Strong working knowledge of building design and construction, systems/components and technology, construction drawings and specifications, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building is required
- 7 years of experience as a Project Manager in an Architecture, Engineering, or Construction organization is preferred
- 12 years of experience in a project related technical field is preferred
- 7 years of experience with USACE, NAVFAC, and/or National Guard Clients preferred
- Secret level security clearance preferred, TS clearance highly preferred, TS/SCI with CI or full scope polygraph most highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required, including Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of Revit and/or Autocad preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.