The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Telecommunication Designers work on various projects as assigned by a Department Manager or Lead Engineer. This position will play a role in the entire design process including but not limited to preliminary assessments, concept creation, design, problem resolution, drawing and specification production, and customer and vendor accessibility. The Telecommunication Designer may work on several concurrent projects and at times may assist as a technical expert on a specialized design.
- Provide technical design of systems for building projects including security, fire alarm, voice, data, audio/visual, and other low voltage systems.
- Responsibilities include preparation of engineering drawings and specifications, conduct site visits, review technical documents, and occasional customer contact.
- Will be responsible to complete project assignments with minimal supervision.
- Minimum 4-7 years' experience actively designing low voltage and communication systems for buildings
- Must possess familiarity and demonstrated knowledge of ANSI/TIA and BICSI standards
- Must have experience with AutoCAD as well as Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong communications and time management skills required
- Associates Degree or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering is desired
- Experience with Revit software is desirable
- Self-motivation to coordinate with other disciplines and customers as necessary
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.