Jacobs ISG provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
The Help Desk Technician/Supply Specialist performs limited aspects of technical supply management work, i.e. inventory management, storage management, cataloging, property utilization, related to depot, local or other supply activities. The selected candidate will be held accountable for organizational Information Technology equipment. All safety policies must be strictly adhered too.
- Receives, counts, and stores stock items and records data, manually or using computer
- Records nature, quantity, value or location of material, supplies, or equipment received, shipped, used, or issued to workers
- May be required to compare inventory records with sales orders, invoices or requisitions to verify accuracy and receipt of items
- May locate and select material, supplies, tools, equipment, or other articles from stock or issue stock item to workers
- May compile, review and maintain data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions and other documents to determine supply needs
- Packs, unpacks and marks stock items, using identification tag, stamp, electric marking tool or other labeling equipment
- Delivers products, supplies and equipment to designated area and determines sequence and release of back orders according to stock availability
- Prepares documents, such as inventory balance, price lists, shortages, expenditures and periodic reports, using computer, calculator, or manual methods
- May receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials and products to customers
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reports damage to supervisor, and disposes of or returns items to vendor
- Adjusts, repairs, assembles or prepares products, supplies, equipment or other items, according to specifications or customer requirements
- Cleans and maintains supplies, tools, equipment/instruments and storage areas to ensure compliance to safety regulations
- Determines method of storage, identification and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capacity of facility
Technology: A SS's technology emphasis should be to:
- Have an understanding of the establishment's storage plan.
- Maintain an awareness of technical knowledge to best accommodate the needs of the tasks
- Safety Courses
- Customer Service
Leadership/Direction: Works under direct supervision following instructions or procedures. Work is routine and repetitive.
- Position may require heavy lifting on a daily basis
- Routes materials to prescribed storage locations
- Stores and stacks materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods
- Examines stored materials and reports deterioration and damage
- Rearranges and takes inventory of stored materials
- Organizational skills are a must
- Unpacks and stores new equipment in accordance with prescribed storage methods
This position requires an Associates degree from a university in a related scientific or engineering discipline with 5 years of progressive experience, or a total of 7 years of related experience. The selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Jacobs ISG is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
The selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.