The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Performs work involving the application of all conventional aspects of civil engineering to the functional area of the assignment. Exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large transportation (highway/roadway) related projects, experience in schematics and final design (PS&E).
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates civil engineering work. Also, supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
• Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
• Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
• Reviews plans, schedules and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, CPM schedules, technical reports, and estimates.
• Participates in contract bidding and administration; may observe project action on site.
• Supervises the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
• Performs other duties assigned by a Project Engineer or Program/Project Manager
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required
• Registration as a Professional Engineer is required, Texas PE registration required within six months of hire date.
• Minimum of 6 years of progressive highway design experience is required.
• TXDOT experience is preferred. TxDOT pre-certification in complex roadway and/or drainage is preferred.
• At least 6 years of experience with Microstation is required
• Experienced user of MicroStation and GEOPAK is required. OpenRoads experience is preferred.
• Technical ability to prepare feasibility studies, proposals (Project Approach) and reports, as well as final design (PS&E) is required.
• Ability to coordinate all phases of a project is preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.