The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Work with the Jacobs NY rail/transit traction power group on NY area projects and support national projects. Participate in design development of transit and rail traction power projects; technical design for project aspects such as traction power substation and distribution design associated with conceptual engineering, detailed engineering designs, and preparation of transit/rail contracts for construction.
- Use standard electrical engineering practices to develop designs and reports.
- Prepares power system studies for AC and DC electrified railway systems.
- Prepares computer simulations and studies including AC and DC load flow, short-circuit availability, motor-starting, and protective relay coordination studies.
- Performs site investigations in substations and along railroad tracks.
- Review contractor shop drawing and testing submittals
- Assist with preparation of technical and cost proposals.
- Assist with preparation of proposal interview presentations.
- Actively participate in Quality Control of design for completeness and accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- At least 8 years of electrical design experience is required
- PE required
- Standard Computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- CAD (AutoCAD and Microstation) experience
- Preferred experience in electrified railway (3rd rail or Overhead Contact System) substation and power distribution systems designs in:
- AC and DC rail transit traction power substations
- Wayside cable plant, Circuit breakers, Switchgear, Transformers, Rectifiers
- SCADA and PLC Protection Systems
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.