The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Responsible for the delivery of municipal and land development projects, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of municipal and land development projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Initiates and reviews proposals.
- Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned including developing new clients through contacts and networking. Informs Program Manager or Manager of Projects of potential opportunities to market Jacobs's civil engineering services.
- Serves as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
- Develops, reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities.
- Identifies causes for revisions to projects and whether such changes are billable to the client.
- Assures that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
- Mentors internal staff.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience on municipal and/or land development projects is required
- Minimum of 2 years as a project manager on projects is required
- Must have developed the following skills; civil engineering knowledge, leadership, oral and written communication skills, planning, team work, decision making, judgment and problem solving
- Registration as a Oklahoma Professional Engineer or ability to obtain within six months is required
- Must complete within 12 months of hire the Jacobs's Project Management Certification program