The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs, located in Oakland, CA has an opportunity for a Project Engineer that will be based on the client site, with travel in between sites.
• Contractor and Owner coordination in support of the Project Manager.
• Arrange meetings as required to meet the needs of the program and projects.
• Document meeting decisions and issues.
• Project team member coordination in support of the Project Manager.
• Travel to meetings within PG&E's territory as necessary to meet the needs of the programs and projects
• Provide miscellaneous reports as requested
• Research information regarding the MHP Program, including contact information of Owners and Residents and other information as requested.
• Prepare written and graphic materials to provide to project functional teams, owner, and external customers.
• Bachelors of Science degree (Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering preferred) from an accredited university/college.
• Minimum of two years' experience in natural gas or electrical distribution projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experienced in reviewing design drawings and project schedules.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.