The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice therefore we have a need for a designer/drafter to assist on several of our structural engineering projects. Prepares engineering drawings of plans, elevations, cross sections and details of vertical buildings structures from rough sketches and/or from general engineering design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Performs design/drafting assignments, requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices and techniques.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with other CAD Technicians and Engineers with minimal supervision.
- Actively promotes and contributes to the successful completion of projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation.
- Assumes responsibility and meets or exceeds deliverable deadlines for own portion of the project scope, schedule and budget.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Performs other duties as required.
- An Associates degree in Design or Drafting is required
- At least 2 years of previous vertical buildings design experience required
- Previous experience in the use of AutoCAD, Microstation, BIM, and Revit preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.) is required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Exhibits planning and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure on multiple project deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to see a project through to completion
- Excellent attention to detailing of vertical buildings components
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.