This is a teammate position. Help Desk Technician Job Description: Functional Responsibilities:
Interfaces directly with supported end-users to provide hardware, software, network and applications problem resolution. Is proficient with industry standard desktop operating systems and office automation software suites. Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. Special Operations Force experience is preferred (but not required). Shift work is expected.Specific Responsibilities:
HDTs must be able to clearly communicate via phone, portals and instant messaging with end users and technicians. These technicians must have experience troubleshooting core services (file, e-mail, print, web, portal and transport), and be able to mentor lower level technicians to become proficient within these areas. Must be able to present a professional, sharp and technically saavy image via verbal, written and in person communications with customers with responsibilities ranging from entry level to the senior executive levels and serve as a positive example to other technicians on the team. HDTs must be qualified to perform the following functions:
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for resolution of desktop/laptop/mobile related problems in a 56,000+ customer enterprise.
- Troubleshoot research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows XP, Windows 7, MS Office applications, email, other special applications, Internet connections, and hardware/peripheral equipment via telephone.
- Document, track, resolve, and report on problems and work orders using Remedy Action Request database system.
- Modify/create and troubleshoot user accounts via Active Directory, submit changes to file management and peripheral devices via Remedy, escalate network incidents, provide direct support to USSOCOM customers located throughout the world.
- Determine which special team can best resolve the problem and assign the task to the Desktop Support, Customer Support, Network Administration or System Administration Teams when a solution cannot be provided telephonically.
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot server, network, system and application issues.
- Technical experience in the setup, operation, and troubleshooting of all associated and follow-on operating systems.
- Monitor secure and non-secure networks 24X7 and escalate incidents to system administrators, network administrators, computer security administrators and management teams for resolution.
- Must have experience with Dameware, RDP and Terminal Services.
Two (2) years of college and five (5) years of directly related Information Technology Service Desk experience or equivalent combination. Additional Professional Certifications may substitute for up to 1 year experience.
Required Certifications: Must hold current CompTIA Security+, Network + or A+ certification (should not to expire within the next six (6) months). Must obtain HDI Certification training within 30 days of hire.
Preferred Certifications: MCP and ITIL V3 Foundations.
Work Hours: 24x7 Days, Mids and Late shifts to include weekends and holidays.Security Clearance Level: Candidate must have a TS/SCI.
Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Work will be performed in a cubical environment inside a large facility.
Equipment and Machines:
General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
Other Essential Functions:
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.