The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Mechanical engineers provide a broad range of skills as part of an integrated building services design group and will report into a Senior or Lead Engineer.
- Prepare engineering plans, specifications and calculations for complex building designs
- Prepare mechanical system life cycle cost analyses and energy modeling studies and reports
- Provide direction and oversight to junior mechanical staff
- Prepare energy compliance calculations and documentation
- Coordinate work with architects and engineers of all disciplines to collaborate design ideas
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) is required
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in HVAC and Plumbing design is required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills is required
- FE/EIT certificate is required
- PE registration is preferred
- Proficient with Carrier HAP and/or Trane Trace for performing building load calculations and energy modeling is required
- Revit experience is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.