JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Within water/wastewater, we are one of the leading companies where we deliver end - to - end services from strategic consultancy to construction and maintenance for our core clients. Due to our recent wins across a number of key Water Utility clients to provide engineering services in AMP6, we have fantastic opportunities for more ambitious people to join our team and make a real difference.
As a Principal Wastewater Modeller you will be working on wastewater network projects as part of Jacobs Utilities business unit. Responsibilities to include:
- Driving health and safety through everything we do. Carrying out modelling functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality
- Modelling team technical lead for Jacobs wastewater network & integrated catchment modelling programme
- Working under the Modelling Manager & Modelling Technical lead to lead a project team undertaking all aspects of modelling work
- Responsible for planning the delivery of work packages and ensuring projects run to quality, time and budget
- Leadership of the quality assurance process for the team
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external staff
- Minimum of a Degree or Honours Degree in an engineering or geography related discipline
- Chartered engineer or approaching chartership (ideally ICE/CIWEM)
- Significant demonstrable experience in modelling in InfoWorks CS including verification, survey supervision and optioneering/design of solutions projects (e.g. DG5 solutions)
- Demonstrable experience of UID/Water Quality & RTC modelling techniques
- Strong analytical and report writing skills, ability to review the work of others and proactively feedback
- A strong desire and proven ability to mentor and lead a modelling team, liaising directly with client on all aspects of project work
- Familiar with current industry best practice and able to actively contribute to innovation in this field of expertise
- Experience of working with InfoWorks ICM software
- Experience of SUDs legislation, application and modelling
Other Essential Functions:
- Flexibility in terms of travel (UK and international)
- Site visits and meetings as required
Positions could be based in Manchester Salford, Leeds or Warrington.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well - being of all