As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Reporting Directly the Program Manager or Construction Project Manager and working together with the Project Controls team, this positions acts as an Owners Representative and oversees the complete design process of a project. This may include the pre-construction process of venting of design firms and the procurement of services. Throughout the construction of the project all aspects of the design are reviewed and returned for correction or cleared. This position works directly with both the client and the design firm with secondary interaction with the General Contractors.
- Responsible for overall design coordination and oversight on multiple project assignments
- Manager project design from programming through completion in accordance with program objectives
- Supports oversight of all design budgets, schedules, scope development, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
- Supports oversight of the review and approval process for design consultant invoices and contractor pay applications and change orders and coordinates with Control Manager for proper posting in reporting program
- Attends assigned meetings to cover weekly job progress meetings; issues meeting minutes during design
- Resolves complex design / construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
- Reviews design status and monitors variances of the construction project activities directly related to design intent.
- This position does not has supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelors of Science/Arts degree in Architecture is required
- A Certificate of Registration as an Architect is required
- 10 or more years of experience is required
- Experience in the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities is required
- Strong working knowledge in design and construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, environmental and LEED applications, team building and client relationship building preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.