Jacobs Federal Operations provides a wide range of services to government and industry in engineering, environmental, operations and maintenance, scientific, engineering, environmental and technical services. Our clients include USAF, USACE, DOE, USCG, NASA, Dow, TVA, and Denso. We are currently executing many contracts, performing work that is essential to our clients' missions across a broad range of functional areas.
We are presently reviewing candidates for the position of Site Health and Safety Lead for construction management services for the $1.65 B Spent Fuel Handling project. The project site is located at Naval Reactors Facility in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
The Site Health and Safety Lead will join the project team in October-November 2016 to participate in construction pre-planning activities, then site construction activities, currently scheduled to begin in September 2017. The anticipated duration for construction is five years. The assignment location will be in Idaho Falls during pre-construction planning and construction phases of work.
- Maintains knowledge of jurisdictional, company and client HSE requirements and standards; reviews present and proposed work practices to ensure they are in compliance with established standards; investigates accidents to ascertain causes for use in recommending preventive measures and developing HSE program revisions, as necessary
- Works independently in determining objectives and approaches to assignments
- Implements HSE Program for project location
- Provides interpretation of compliance programs
- Interfaces with project and corporate management, clients, subcontractors and relevant government agencies
- Serves as a project resource for the technical interpretation of health and safety requirements
- Possesses the ability to work with Jacobs project team, client, and subcontractors to influence positive outcomes.
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years' of experience required in construction lead health and safety role, preferably construction of large industrial buildings with stringent installation requirements
- Experience required working on client property, with the ability to manage client interactions, both schedules and unscheduled
- Experience and ability to author health & safety plans and procedures required
- Advanced technical training and/or BS in HSE related field required
- Advanced HSE certification is preferred
- HSE Program implementation required, implementation of Jacobs HSE program is preferred
- Possess or ability to obtain Class "L" DOE security clearance
- US Citizenship only - no dual citizenship.