Fantastic opportunity to join Jacobs in Denver, Colorado as a Sr. Project Manager in our Water Practice Group! This position provides the ability to contribute immediately to Water and Wastewater project development and execution of varying sizes as part of a growing office. Position will perform project design oversight, quality control, project management, client development, proposal preparation and sales pursuits for water infrastructure projects in the western region of the United States. Selected individual's background may be in treatment and/or conveyance planning, design, and construction. Initial responsibilities will be to assist in the execution of existing backlog and assist in development of new pursuits.
• Performs sales activities including strategic client development, managing and writing proposals and qualifications, and participating in interviews.
• Develops scope and fee documents.
• Delivers large and/or multiple project design(s) and construction oversight, on time and within budget.
• Provides effective project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects and adding value to the business by applying proven project management techniques.
• Plans, organizes, and directs design staff and key field positions.
• Interfaces with the client to ensure expectations are identified and met.
• Participates in initiatives to assist in meeting the company's goals.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field.
• Registration as a Colorado Professional Engineer.
• Minimum of 15 years' experience in the management and design of water infrastructure projects.
• Proven experience working with local municipalities and utilities.
• Proven record of business development in Denver water market.
• Solid history of successful project and client management.
• Ability to demonstrate effective skills in leadership, oral and written communication, planning, teamwork, decision making, problem solving.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.