The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The Senior Resident Engineer, reporting directly to the Project Manager, is responsible for overall project delivery in accordance with quality, budget, and safety parameters. The Resident Engineer serves as the primary point of contact with the construction contractor, owner, and third parties. We have (2) opportunities - located in Oakland, CA or Bellevue, WA. Detailed job responsibilities include:
• Manage project in accordance with RE Manual and Facility Standards
• Daily management of project staff
• Oversee field inspection
• Provide daily supervision and direction to project staff
• Oversee project administration / project controls
• Conducts pre-construction meeting
• Conducts weekly progress meetings with contractor
• Maintains cash flow projections for construction contract including contingency, bid item overruns and CCO's
• Generates, negotiates, recommends Contract Changes to Client
• Prepare weekly statement of working days
• Review monthly Progress Schedule
• Review 3-week "look ahead" schedule / short interval schedule
• Review/Approve Daily Inspection Reports (DIR's)
• Review monthly quantity calculations
• Performs constructability reviews
• Review / approves submittals and pay estimates
• Responds to RFI's
• Coordinates approvals of shop drawings with Designer
• Coordinate field-testing for roadway work activities through and monitor results.
• Issue NCR's for deficient tests
• Evaluation, negotiation, and preparation of draft contract change orders
• Assists with Claims mitigation and evaluation
• Manages sub-consultants work and reviews their invoices
• Attends Project Status meetings with Client
• Assist in preparation of Monthly Report and other reports as directed by CM.
Training and Experience
- Station construction and working in operating environment is required
- 10+ years' experience managing transit and transportation projects
- BS in engineering or scientific discipline (or equivalent)
- California PE is desirable
- BART experience and working knowledge with BART Standards is desirable
- Able and willing to work overtime
- US Citizenship required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.