JACOBS is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Jacobs ecology team, part of the Sustainable Solutions business unit is one of the UKs largest most dynamic and respected ecology teams. Our Ecologists provide specialist advice for the full range of projects undertaken by Jacobs, as well as servicing the needs of their own client base. The team works on arrange of diverse, high profile projects in the UK, Europe and the Middle East
The ecology team is currently over a hundred strong which means technical as well as career mentoring to ensure your continued professional development.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and were looking for the most talented and passionate ecologists and field biologists to be our next generation of leaders. To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Principal Ecologist for our Manchester team. The successful candidate will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Leading and mentoring a team of ecologists working on a variety of projects.
- Ecological project management.
- Business development.
- Preparation of ecological impact studies, feasibility studies, and scheme reports for projects.
- Resolution of technical issues as they occur fora range of areas across projects and for the monitoring of progress
- An honours degree in ecology or related field.
- Full MIEEM.
- Eligibility for CEnv.
- Proven experience of most aspects of ecological projects.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of biodiversity legislation pertinent to the UK and Europe.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Management experience.
- High level of personal responsibility.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to different project requirements.
- Good IT skills
- Postgraduate degree.
- Protected species licence(s).
- Full current driving licence.
- Project management experience.
- An ecological specialism.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.