The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Work with the Jacobs Philadelphia rail/transit traction power group in the Philadelphia office on project in the area and support national projects. Participate in design development for transit and rail traction power projects; technical design for traction power substations, power distribution, conceptual and detailed engineering plans and specifications, and preparation of transit/rail reports and cost estimates.
• Use standard electrical engineering practices to develop designs documents and reports.
• Assist with power system studies for AC and DC electrified railway systems, computer simulations and studies including AC and DC load flow, short-circuit availability, motor-starting, and protective relay coordination studies.
• Performs site investigations in substations and along railroad tracks.
• Assist with the review of contractor shop drawing and testing submittals
• Actively participate in Quality Control of design for completeness and accuracy.
• Participation in professional / industry organizations
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering plus 2-5 years of experience is required
• Standard Computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required
• CAD (AutoCAD and Microstation) experience required
• EIT required
• PE preferred
• Experience in electrified railway (3rd rail or Overhead Contact System) substation and power distribution systems design is preferred
• Experience on transit agency project (SEPTA, DRPA, NJ Transit, etc.) preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.