We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this potential opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this future effort. This position is contingent upon contract award of SITEC II to Jacobs.
Intro: The United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) requires comprehensive worldwide information technology (IT) support to operate and maintain the Special Operations Forces (SOF) Information Enterprise (SIE). The SIE provides support from the garrison level out to forward-deployed tactical operators and sensors worldwide. In pursuit of these requirements, USSOCOM, its Component Commands, TSOCs, and deployed forces are deploying the Special Operations Forces Network (SOFNET). The deployment of the SOFNET is instrumental to achieving the Commander's Vision of a Global SOF Network that provides strategic options for our national leaders and supported Global Combatant Commanders through a worldwide network that fully integrates our military, interagency and international partners with aligned structures, processes and authorities. The services provided by SITEC II will be a key enabler for over 69,700 users operating in approximately 75 countries.
Z-Senior Security Engineer (Architect) Job Description: S pecific subject matter experts (SMEs) are required by USSOCOM to enhance their IT planning for future operations. These individuals will have superior knowledge in general systems engineering, as well as specific fields of expertise, and be adept with IT, major datacenter operations, and network defense. Candidate will be assigned to HQ USSOCOM, MacDill Air Force Base, FL., but may be required to perform some travel in both CONUS and OCONUS.
The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for coordinating comprehensive program and project plans in support of Enterprise IT initiatives; evaluating risks and proposing risk mitigation strategies; defining, evaluating, and recommending new technologies that support information sharing through MLS, MSLS, and MILS solutions; developing Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) support documentation IAW applicable DoD and IC directives; and providing subject matter expertise for Cyber Security architecture activities through written and verbal guidance to the Program Managers on current and emerging IA standards, processes, and best practices.
- Professional cyber security experience evaluating system risks, identifying and recommending multi-layered defense-in-depth architectures, and managing A&A efforts.
- Professional level experience navigating cross-domain system design requirements, certification, and accreditation in both Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information and Below Interoperability (TSABI) and Secret and Below Interoperability (SABI) environments.
- Professional level experience in providing direct security engineering support to program managers for endpoint, enclave, and enterprise IT solutions.
- Professional level experience developing security-related support documentation for DoD and IC Enterprise and tactical deployments.
- Must have good communication skills, shows tact, effective listening skills, follow through and anticipates questions while being prepared with answers or follow-up.
- The ability to work independently with little to no supervision researching new technologies or comparing technologies to meet the customers need while providing an unbiased opinion.
- Candidate must be a team player and be able to follow processes and procedures.
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, professional who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements: Master of Science Degree in Cyber Security/Information Assurance, Computer Science, or a related field preferred and at least fifteen (15) years of cyber security experience while meeting expertise requirements. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Required Certification: Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP).
Must have the ability to obtain TS/SCI required.
Work will be performed in a cubical environment inside a large facility. Will require some travel to CONUS and OCONUS Special Operations locations depending on requests by the customer. May be required to attend off site meetings.
Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory. Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday). Normal working hours will be day shift, 0800 to 1700, Monday through Friday.
Other Essential Functions
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.