JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Our Sustainable Solutions Business Unit provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, flood risk management, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 600 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer experienced in the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management based in our Croydon office.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
You will be working on projects for the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and some private sector clients. Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out and coordinating detailed design of flood risk management solutions
- Appraisal of flood risk costs and benefits
- Technical and business case reporting
- Liaising with clients, architects and other design team members
- Assisting with project management and multi-disciplinary design coordination
- Civil Engineering degree and MICE status
- Experience of Safety in Design and Designers responsibilities under CDM
- Experience in the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management
- Experience in the design and appraisal of riverine structural and non-structural measures
- Experience of urban, surface water flood risk mitigation appraisal and design
- Contract and specification preparation
- Proven ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams in the development of design solutions
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members
- Construction related experience either as a supervisor or through visiting design office support role.
- Preparation of Project Appraisal Reports to Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management (FCERM) guidance processes
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.