Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients.
Jacobs is heavily involved in helping to transform the world's transport system to deliver a less congested, high quality and reliable service for travellers and businesses. During the past 20 years the company's transport planning team has developed an impressive array of skills and a considerable track record of achievement. Our extensive portfolio of projects involves working with various major clients in the transport industry, including local authorities, private sector and government, throughout the UK and Ireland.
We currently have an opportunity within our Transportation business at our London Bridge office for you to work with a team of transport planners and modellers on a variety of highways, public transport and pedestrian planning projects. You would support the preparation, development and analysis of transport models and the production of appraisals and data reports for a range of major and minor projects.
Candidates should be highly numerate, and able to innovate and problem-solve. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential. Occasional travel within the UK and/or overseas may be required. Essential
- Experience in transport modelling
- Experience in development, estimation and calibration of variable demand models
- Experience in working with transport modelling software packages, e.g. Cube, SATURN, EMME, VISSIM, VISUM
- 1st or 2nd class degree in Transport Planning or a numerate subject e.g. Maths/Engineering/Economics/Physics and/or other relevant degrees
- Numerate with excellent data analysis skills. Competency in data analysis packages, such as Excel/Access
- Good technical report writing skills
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
- Knowledge of choice model estimation packages, e.g. ALOGIT, NLOGIT, BIOGEME
- Experience in land use modelling
- Wider experience of transport planning
- Project management experience
- Use of GIS software
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of computer programming (e.g. VBA, SQL)