LeighFisher, a global transportation management consulting firm, is seeking a highly motivated individual to work in its Americas Aviation Division, to be based in the New York Metropolitan Area. LeighFisher seeks outstanding candidates with strong credentials and a passion for client service, who enjoy working as part of a team on cutting-edge projects for our aviation clients. More information on LeighFisher can be found online at http:// xxxxxxx.
An airfield/airspace consultant plays an important role in providing support for a variety of projects. Airfield/airspace planning projects are typically multidisciplinary and integrated with one or more of LeighFisher's other practice areas, including master planning, terminal planning, environmental planning, and economic/financial planning.
• Primary work focuses on airfield layouts, airspace obstruction evaluation, airfield capacity and aircraft delay studies, airfield/airspace simulation modeling, and benefit-cost analyses.
• The consultant will conduct data analyses, prepare concept plans for runway and taxiway systems, model airfield/airspace operations, evaluate airspace constraints, prepare written reports and presentations, and provide recommendations to clients and stakeholders.
• Willingness to travel at least 30% and relocate to the New York Metropolitan Area
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree (a master's degree is desirable) in engineering, planning, architecture, or related field
• At least 5 years of related experience in airfield planning projects and understanding of airport design standards is required
• Prior experience working with The Port Authority of NY and NJ is desirable but not required
• Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is required (experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is desirable)
• Superior analytical, interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills as well as excellent problem solving abilities is required
• Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with clients.
• Collaborative and team-oriented as well as highly resourceful and self-directed. Highly motivated, optimistic, and passionate.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.