The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Senior Electrical Specialist would be responsible for designing communications networks that support Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), traffic signal systems, and other transportation facilities. This candidate would be expected to manage projects, interact with clients, and manage staff.
Electrical work may also include other technology aspects such as security, telecommunications networks and support other electrical system design.
Typical work tasks include:
• Project/Staff Management
• Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of solutions and systems for public infrastructure applications.
• Maintains effective communication with project team members across disciplines and with the customer through all phases of project execution.
• Evaluate project goals and develop plans, specifications, cost estimates and schedules for use during project construction.
• Design of low/medium voltage drawings (power, grounding, lighting, and communications) and associated single lines & schematics/wiring diagrams; perform cable sizing, power and voltage drop calculations; perform lighting design calculations; perform arc-flash, short-circuit and coordination studies.
• Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements.
• May direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
• Perform as-built activities for retrofit or upgrade electrical design projects, drafting of field mark-ups for as-built drawings, and construction support for electrical systems at job site.
• Design of and/or design oversight over complex electrical lighting systems.
• Bachelors of Science in Electrical or Civil Engineering or Vocational College/Technical Training would be considered for years experience requirement.
• At least 12+ years related experience required.
• IL Professional Engineering License, or the ability to obtain an IL PE, preferred.
• Knowledge of wireline and wireless networks required.
• Experience designing Fiber Optic Networks
• Experience with ITS or transportation systems desired.
• Knowledge of modern data-communications networking standards associated with Ethernet, wireless, and serial communications.
• Experience with RF propagation, antennas and feedlines, and link profiling desired.
• Knowledge of power distribution, low voltage, desired.
• Knowledge of lighting/electrical systems, desired.
• Experience Visio and Microsoft Office preferred.
• Valid driver's license
• Strong oral and written communications skills
Other Essential Functions:
Position is primarily based in an office environment. Some domestic work related travel, outdoor field integration and oversight of ITS deployments will be required. Candidate should be eager to learn, willing to take on new tasks, interact with clients, and grow professionally with Jacobs.