We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this potential opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this future effort. This position is contingent upon contract award of SITEC II to Jacobs.
Background: The United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) requires comprehensive worldwide information technology (IT) support to operate and maintain the Special Operations Forces (SOF) Information Enterprise (SIE). The SIE provides support from the garrison level out to forward-deployed tactical operators and sensors worldwide. In pursuit of these requirements, USSOCOM, its Component Commands, TSOCs, and deployed forces are deploying the Special Operations Forces Network (SOFNET). The deployment of the SOFNET is instrumental to achieving the Commander's Vision of a Global SOF Network that provides strategic options for our national leaders and supported Global Combatant Commanders through a worldwide network that fully integrates our military, interagency and international partners with aligned structures, processes and authorities. The services provided by SITEC II will be a key enabler for over 69,700 users operating in approximately 75 countries.
Z-Web Proxy Engineer (System Engineer)Job Description: A Web Proxy Engineer is required to support USSOCOM's Cyber Security Services Service Owner and our Jacobs Cyber Security Services Service Lead to ensure Tier 3 expertise is available for USSOCOM's Cyber Security Services operations. This individual will have superior knowledge in general systems engineering, as well as Web Proxy expertise, and be adept with IT technology required to provision IT services from an enterprise data center.
The Web Proxy Engineer will work in direct support of the USSOCOM's Cyber Security Services Service Owner and our Jacobs Cyber Security Services Service Lead. This position provides Tier 3 technical oversight and guidance for USSOCOM's Web Proxy operations. The Web Proxy Engineer serves as USSOCOM J631's Web Proxy technical expert performing the following tasks:
- Define service from a day-to-day operations perspective; establish standards for their service.
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists.
- Oversee the daily Web Proxy execution and maintain an expert view of the current Web Proxy's state operations.
- Interface with Modernization branch to ensure future Web Proxy enhancements or changes continue to provide quality service to the USSOCOM IT customers and do not impact in a negative way the USSOCOM J63's ability to provision and support Web Proxy services.
- Oversee the vulnerability and remediation process associated with the Web Proxy service.
Expertise Requirements: The Web Proxy Engineer:
- Must possess a thorough understanding of all aspects of operations and technologies.
- Should be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Must stay abreast of industry developments and applicable Government regulations.
- Performs audits, operational analysis and risk assessments.
- Makes recommendations for enhancing services.
- Researches operational issues and providing mitigation recommendations
- Formulates policies and procedures
- Develops processes and procedures.
- Needs strong oral and written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment and self-motivation.
- Works independently with little to no supervision researching new technologies or comparing technologies to meet the customers need while providing an unbiased opinion.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, a Mathematics-intensive discipline, or a similar field desired and eight (8) years of intensive and progressive experience in the candidate's field of study and specialization. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- CCNP - Routing and Switching
Must have the ability to obtain TS/SCI required.
Work will be performed in a cubical environment inside a large facility. Will require some travel to CONUS and OCONUS Special Operations locations depending on requests by the customer. May be required to attend off site meetings.
Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory. Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday). Normal working hours will be day shift, 0800 to 1700, Monday through Friday. There may be an occasional event when afterhours Tier III-level engineering expertise is required.
Other Essential Functions
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.