JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional, technical and construction services. We offer career opportunities across the world and across the spectrum - from planning & design to construction & operation.
Highways BIM Technical Specialists are subject matter experts in one or more design technology applications and the processes and procedures require to use them efficiently on Major Highway Infrastructure BIM projects. Typically they are advanced users in specific design technologies and support the projects in the implementation, delivery and on-going support of these technologies. They are part of a Global team dedicated to maintaining Jacobs standards, tools and processes, across all Highways projects.
Responsibilities associated with this post will include (but may not be limited to) the following:
- Promoting Highways Engineering Tools standards and BIM work processes
- Installation of Highways CAD & CAE Engineering Tools from one or more vendors
- Providing support and troubleshooting of CAD *and CAE ** software
- Supporting Highways BIM project teams in their use of Engineering Tools
- Training Highways project teams use of Engineering Tools and BIM processes
- Support the Highways IT-PTS Senior Technical Specialist in engagement with technology vendors
- Support Highways BIM project deliverables for technology and ensure use of standard methods and procedures
- Involvement in application development and innovation for automating Highway design processes for BIM deliverables
- Understand the company CAD procedures, engineering work flows and delivery mechanisms
- Representing Highways IT-PTS on the appropriate Network of Excellence
- Minimum ONC/HNC (or equivalent) in an engineering related qualification
- Experience in Highways design in either Consultant or Contracting Environment
- Experience of CAD project deliverables
- Major highway design experience utilising Civil 3D (preferred but not essential) or other alignment geometry packages
- BIM project experience in the infrastructure sector - Use of the theory in practice for day to day project tasks
- Strong understanding of UK BIM standards & processes
- Strong team working capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Problem solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to travel for project support / training needs
- Ability to communicate and effect changes and improvements
- Experience in the use and configuration of engineering software
- Additional skills including VBA and LISP would be advantageous
- Knowledge and interest in Infraworks & Navisworks would be valuable
- Knowledge of non Autodesk design packages could also prove useful
IT - Project Technology Services (IT-PTS)
IT - PTS are a Shared Service as part of the Global IT Team. IT-PTS are responsible for strategy, implementation, administration and support of design applications and technology used by the Operations in their core businesses. Our team of technical specialists work on Projects and company initiatives to ensure Jacobs teams can work efficiently with design technologies and deliver an exceptional service to our clients. We embody the Global resources / Local support concept by collectively leveraging our expertise to provide the following services:
Project implementation/configuration of commercial and internal applications.
User support & training.
Promoting global application standards and work processes.
Educating the Business and Sales on new technologies.
Application development and innovation for improving quality and efficiency of design processes.
We have an opportunity in either our Leeds / Manchester offices for a suitable candidate to work as part of an enthusiastic, driven team as a BIM Technical Specialist in Highways, Infrastructure and Civil.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is commited to the safety and wellbeing of all.