Highways Design & Build Director
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and approximately 80,000 employees across the globe, we are continuing to grow our business every year.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways Agency (HA), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally.
We are seeking a director to lead the Design and Build area of the business with the role reporting to the Vice President as well as being part of the Highways Senior Management Team. This is seen as a key appointment in a large and expanding market. The role would be instrumental in developing our design and build strategy, team and client relationships, ensuring the continuous improvement and delivery of excellent design services throughout all stages of major project development and implementation.
Key Essential Criteria
- Significant Experience of working with major contractors in a design and build environment delivering major highway and bridge schemes.
- Significant experience of winning bids, profitability and a track record of delivering major design and build projects.
- Established experience of construction supervision.
- Experience in leading design team with the aim of producing a coordinated design.
- Managing the design process using commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
- A degree in Civil Engineering.
- Chartered Member of ICE or equivalent.
- Experience of liaising/negotiating with client representatives and staff at a senior level.
- Workload and resource management skills.
- Good IT and presentation skills.
- Experience of motivating and driving delivery teams.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of HA PCF.
- Knowledge of local authority interfaces.
- PRINCE2 Accreditation.
- Recent experience of Highways Agency Major Projects.
- Health and Safety training in the infrastructure sector.
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all