Jacobs Engineering is seeking an Electrical Engineer in our Baltimore, MD location to join our growing Electrical/Systems design group providing public infrastructure governmental clients with technical, professional, and construction related services. With experience that spans more than seven decades, and a staff of more than 60,000 engineers, architects, planners, environmental specialists and construction inspectors, Jacobs is one of the largest and most diverse engineering services companies in the world. Jacobs is consistently recognized in a number of Engineering News-Record Top Lists, and in 2015 was ranked the No. 2 Global Design Firm.
Project support in the delivery of technical and analytical services related to electrical design including field inspection and analysis, studies, technology and alternatives analysis, planning, design, contract documentation preparation (plans, specifications and cost estimates) and construction management for public infrastructure agencies with a focus on transportation facilities. This position allows for considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Effective written and oral communication with project team members and with the customer is a key component of this position. May direct and coordinate various engineering disciplines for large scale engineering projects. Some domestic travel is required.
• Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering and design and has comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application
• Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of solutions and systems for public infrastructure applications.
• Maintains effective communication with project team members across disciplines and with the customer through all phases of project execution.
• Evaluate project goals and develop plans, specifications, cost estimates and schedules for use during project construction.
• Perform detailed drafting of low/medium voltage drawings (power, grounding, lighting, and communications) and associated single lines & schematics/wiring diagrams; perform cable sizing, power and voltage drop calculations; perform lighting design calculations; perform arc-flash, short-circuit and coordination studies.
• Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements.
• May direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
• Perform as-built activities for retrofit or upgrade electrical design projects, drafting of field mark-ups for as-built drawings, and construction support for electrical systems at job site.
• Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering required; Master's Degree preferred
• Maryland Professional Engineering (PE) license is required
• 7+ years related experience is required
• Knowledge of NEC, NFPA codes and standards required. Familiarity with SHA, MDTA, and VDOT electrical design standards desired.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Software, CADD software (MicroStation, AutoCAD), design tools such as SKM, Agi32 or equivalent lighting design software. Experience with ArcGIS a plus.
• Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills, time management, attention to detail, and ability to work independently or in project teams. A self-starter requiring minimal supervisory oversight.
• Valid driver's license is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.